C – I think Jim has a new favorite sandwich.
Move over Jim’s old favorite sandwich, because there is a new kid in town. I really didn’t expect this sandwich to be so good, but it was. Jim mentioned that he could eat this five days a week if he had to. Lucky for you, Jim, it might just happen.
Here at Be Mindful. Be Human., we have been quite busy doing lots of things. We needed a quick and easy meal … to make and to eat. I was, of course, too lazy to do any shopping. So, I had to pull out whatever I had in the refrigerator/freezer and make something in 30 minutes. This grilled chicken sandwich was the thing. And, it really hit the spot for Jim.
Luckily, there were a few things left over from previous shoots that I could use. There was chicken, an eggplant, garlic sriracha aioli (within the Ranch Chicken Wings recipe), roasted red bell pepper that was made yesterday, some arugula and a sourdough batard. That seemed like the start of a good sandwich.
I loved that it was so quick. And, I was so, so full after eating this sandwich. I really loved the roasted red bell pepper. If you haven’t made this, make it. I think the roasted red pepper was the best part. So sweet. It melted in you mouth. It was almost a sauce. It was so good. I loved the paring of the spicy sriracha aioli with the roasted red bell pepper. It was really a great surprise in such a simple sandwich.
|Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Roasted Red Bell Peppers and Eggplant|
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 slice of eggplant, soak in salt water for 30 minutes and pat dry.
- 2 pieces of roasted red bell pepper
- 1 boneless skinless chicken thigh
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sriracha garlic aioli
- 2 spinach leaves.
- Heat grill on medium high heat.
- Add oil to the grill.
- Salt and pepper chicken. Add to grill.
- Cook chicken for 4 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and let rest for a few minutes.
- Place eggplant on the grill. Cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Place roasted red bell peppers on grill and reheat for a minute.
- Grill bread.
- Place one slice of bread a plate. Add sriracha garlic aioli on top.
- Place chicken on the bread.
- Place eggplant on the chicken.
- Place roasted bell peppers on the eggplant.
- Place spinach on the roasted red bell peppers.
- Top sandwich with the other piece of bread, adding more sriracha garlic aioli if you want.
- Serve with pickles or peperoncini peppers
Of course, as with any sandwich, the bread makes a difference. Sourdough is a staple in the Be Mindful. Be Human. refrigerator. I loved how thick and crispy the crust was. I loved that every component could be made ahead and reheated if necessary. Of course, I had to show you how to make it from scratch.
I am so glad enjoyed it, Jim. Your wish will come true. Expect to be eating this for lunch for the next five days. I made lots. Enjoy!