Update and Redux: J – I would not have thought to put these ingredients together in any form. Christina’s inspiration makes for a wonderful Summer salad. Simple to make. Rich and complex flavors. Works for two or for a crowd. A great Summer salad.
C – Blueberries, pea sprouts and chicken need to go together this Summer.
This bowl of salad really feels like Summer to me. It’s simple, refreshing and filling. I love all the textures and flavors in this salad. It’s wonderful and really easy to make.
The combination is incredible: Crispy, tender pea sprouts, hearty chicken, creamy goat cheese, sweet and juicy blueberries, crispy, toasted walnuts with a tart lemon vinaigrette.
I always try to get every element of a salad all in one bite.
Sometimes, I am successful. Other times, not so much.
This one was a little bit challenging to get it all in a single bite.
But, when you do … and your mouth isn’t completely full of food … it’s worth it.
This salad had small pieces of everything. It was perfect to have all the ingredients on a single fork-full.
|Blueberry Week: Blueberry, Pea Sprouts, Chicken and Goat Cheese Salad|
- ½ shallot, minced finely
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ a lemon, juiced
- A pinch of red chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- ½ red onion, sliced thinly
- Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 roasted chicken breast half, sliced thinly
- ½ cup pea sprouts
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup toasted walnut pieces
- 2 Tbsp goat cheese
- Place shallot, salt and pepper, lemon juice, red chili flakes, white balsamic vinegar into small mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Slowly drizzle grapeseed oil while whisking in to emulsify the vinaigrette.
- Serve in salad.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of the lemon vinaigrette with the red onion and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, place two tablespoons lemon vinaigrette, chicken breast, pea sprouts and mix well.
- Place into a serving bowl.
- Top with blueberries, walnuts, and goat cheese.
It was definitely an amazing bite.
Hope your having a great Summer and will enjoy some great salads like this one.