C – Tacos!
I love tacos. I don’t know why, but I get really excited when I make tacos. I am not sure if it’s because they taste good. Or, that they’re really easy to make. Or, that I can load them up with whatever I want.
It’s probably all of the above.
Tacos are such a simple thing to make.
All you really need is four ingredients for a good tasting taco. A good tortilla shell, some sort of protein that is seasoned well, some kind of fresh vegetable that has a good crunch to it and a good salsa. Of course, cheese can be added too if you want.
The most important part about a good taco is you can taste every ingredient. That’s my opinion anyway.
|Taco Week: Grilled Chicken Tacos|
- 4 to 6 tortillas
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cabbage
- A few slices of red onions
- ¼ to ½ tomato, chopped
- Cilantro leaves
- Salsa verde (recipe link below)
- Salt and pepper chicken.
- Heat grill on high and add oil to grease grill.
- Add chicken and cook for 5 to 6 minutes until the meat is cooked.
- Let rest and slice thinly on a bias.
- Heat tortilla over an open flame for a few seconds.
- Top the tortilla with a few pieces of cabbage and onion.
- Top with grilled chicken pieces, grilled vegetables, cilantro and salsa verde.
- Repeat to make more.
- Serve immediately.
Salsa Verde recipe
These chicken tacos were plain and simple, but really great. I used to load up my tacos, thinking they would taste better that way. But, only having a few ingredients can be really delicious, too.
I guess simple is better for tacos. Sometimes.