C – Jim and my husband make fun of my kitchen toys.
I do have a lot of them. But, ALL of them are worth it and belong in my kitchen. They actually don’t mind the toys. They just make fun of me when I get a new toy, because I get a little too excited about it. Especially, when it’s a good one.
NOTE: We were not sponsored by any products. I just liked the machine and wanted to share this great technique.
My husband is really supportive of my kitchen gadgets. He knows I buy them for a reason. I do a lot of research before I buy something. I usually make sure it will get a lot of use, or I won’t buy it.
My sous vide machine is a toy I can’t stop talking about. It’s my new, magic cooking machine. Just set it and forget it. I love that I can get the perfect piece of anything I want to cook.
This week we are focusing on the sous vide technique. Sous vide means under vacuum in French. It’s a technique where you vacuum-seal (remove the air out of) a bag and place it in a circulating heated bath at a specific temperature.
|Sous Vide Week: Chicken Breast Sous Vide|
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 resealable zip lock bags or food saver bags and a vacuum sealer
- Preheat sous vide machine water bath to 60 degrees Celsius.
- Salt and pepper the chicken breast on both sides.
- Place one chicken breast in each plastic bags. Add fresh thyme and oil.
- Remove the air with a food vacuum sealer. Make sure to seal it completely, so water doesn’t get into the bags. If you don’t have a sealer, remove as much air as you can before zipping it up.
- Place in water bath for 1 hour.
- Remove from water bath and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove from bag and slice on a bias.
I am so glad sous vide machines are becoming more accessible to the home cook. It only used to be available to restaurants chefs. Now, I don’t have to worry about drying out my chicken breasts. You know how much I loathe dried-out chicken breasts.
It’s my new preferred way of cooking chicken breast. It’s so moist and juicy. The texture is something you get from fancy restaurants. I love this machine.