C – OK, I am back to being a healthy eater again.
Chips anyone? Of course, you might know by now that I love chips. It relieves the stress in me. Chip therapy, you might say. When I am stressed I head to the chip isle. I have a particular brand and flavor that I go after, but I won’t tell you which one. I am too embarrassed to say. It might be one of the worst ones out there.
I seem to go off on tangents a lot, don’t I. Back to the healthy chips at hand.
These aren’t your average chips. Radish chips. Strange, I know, but really good. It just took a long time for me to make them. I ended up only getting about a ¼ cup when they were completely done baking. I think it was worth the effort.
Crunchy little guys that are packed full of flavor. Just sprinkle a little bit of salt and you’ll be amazed how much flavor you get. They only have a hint of radish in them. Other than that, they are nice and crunchy with a bit of sweetness. They are so cute and pretty. I love the pink color. I ate them all and only saved Jim one chip. He was a bit disappointed. Oh well, gives me an excuse to make more.
- 10-15 radishes, sliced ¼ inch thick
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place radishes in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to soften them up. Drain any liquid and pat dry.
- Add oil and salt. Combine well.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure they are spread out and not stacked on top of each other.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then remove the radishes and flip over. Reduce oven temperature to 225 degrees and bake for another 20 minutes. Radishes will shrink in size and crisp up.
- Remove from oven.
I think Jim is seeing a trend.
Any kind of veggie I can get my hands on, I will try making into a chip.