J – I LOVE rack of lamb …
when someone doesn’t mess it up by over-complicating the cooking. Fortunately, Luke is one of those chefs who neither messes things up, nor over-complicates the cooking. My kind of chef. One of the reasons we get along.
This dish is a supreme example of letting the protein do the talking.
Super-fresh spring lamb rack. Charcoal grill with a few wood chips. Salt and pepper seasoning. Then, a simple and really tasty Mint Salsa Verde to bring out the flavors of the lamb … without overpowering.
There is no complex process here. Simply season, grill, rest, cut, sauce and eat!
|Rack of Lamb with Mint Salsa Verde|
- 4 rib lamb rack, cleaned of any bits from cutting (not washed)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 sprigs mint, stems removed
- 4 sprigs oregano, stems removed
- 6 sprigs parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp anchovie paste
- 2 Tbsp capers
- Salt to taste
- Salt and pepper lamb
- Place on hot grill over indirect heat. Turn a few times so all sides get equal time. Cook until temperature reaches 115 degrees for medium rare. Use an instant read in the thickest part of the rack.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes.
- In a mini food processor, place ingredients and blend. Blend until fine.
- Cut ribs in between each bone.
- Place swath of mint salsa verde on bottom of plate.
- Top with lamb.
- Add more mint salsa verde on top.
- Serve with rice or vegetables.
Fabulous! Thanks, Luke.