C – These pickles are one of my favorite things to eat at a Japanese restaurant. I love ordering it. I always feel like I never get enough.
I loved making this recipe because I ate the entire dish all by myself.
This recipe is so quick and simple. Just let it marinate overnight and you have achieved pickles.
I am so glad these pickles are quick, because I wouldn’t be able to handle waiting too long for them to be ready.
I loved the sweet, sour and salty taste with some crispy sesame seeds over top.
Next time I think I will double the recipe because I ate them way too fast.
|Cucumber Week: Japanese Pickled Cucumbers|
- 4 Persian cucumbers, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 2 tsp kosher salt, plus ¼ teaspoon
- 4 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- Black and white sesame seeds, sprinkle for garnish
- Mix the sliced cucumbers with 2 teaspoons kosher salt. Mix well and let sit for 10 minutes. Then, rinse with cold water and drain.
- Mix the rice vinegar, granulated sugar and ¼ teaspoon kosher salt together. Add to the cucumbers and store in an air tight container overnight.
- Serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Besidns, Jim and Luke might want a few.
They were delicious.