C – A simple Indian tea should get me warm.
I am going to beat these chills. I know I will. I love it when food has a good chemical reaction in my body. The moment I drink this tea, I know good things are happening to me.
First my tongue reacts to the pleasant taste. Sweet honey and spicy ginger, with a light taste of cardamom and fennel. It’s delicious.
The warm tea goes down smoothy and pleasantly. A warm, spicy feeling warms my throat. It’s soothing at the same time it warms. It’s a strange feeling, yet it’s good.
This is a delightful tea.
|Beating the Winter Blues Week: Ginger Tea|
- 10 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 cups water
- Toast cardamom and fennel seeds in a small saute pan.
- In a small pot, place water and ginger and bring to a boil. Add toast spices. Let boil for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and strain.
- Add honey to liquid. Mix well.
Yup, this really helped my winter-time blues.
Hope you try it.