Update and Redux; C – These blueberry and lemon curd almonds cups may look fancy, but they are super simple to make. It’s great for serving at large brunches as a fruit salad or a dessert.
C – I really couldn’t wait until Spring this year.
I was getting sick and tired of Winter. I wanted to be done with it. Just a few more weeks until Spring begins and I am itching to start cooking with Spring fruit. So, I started early. I know it’s not blueberry season yet … but, there was a really good sale.
Don’t get me wrong I love citrus. But, some of the citrus I have been buying are getting to be too ripe. They are a bit strong for my taste. I still love that I am getting lemons from my neighbors and friends.
Thank you to all the nice and generous people out there allowing me to use your lemons. They are great. I made lots of lemon curd from them. I hope everyone enjoyed it. Now, it’s time to use other fruit.
Fresh blueberries delighted my taste buds this morning. I couldn’t wait to put them in this dessert cup. Crunchy bits of almond with another appearance of that lovely lemon curd mixed with plump, juicy blueberries.
It was great. A burst of blueberry juice and a sweet, tart lemon curd made me feel there was going to be an end to Winter.
I think I might be jinxing myself making this dessert so early in the season. I may be predicting at least three more weeks of cold Winter.
|Blueberry and Lemon Curd Almond Cups|
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup lemon curd
- ¼ cup almonds
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar (more if desired)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine blueberries and lemon curd. Mix well and set aside.
- Place almonds and brown sugar in a food process and chop finely.
- Add butter and salt and blend until incorporated.
- Place a teaspoon of almond mixture on the bottom of a small cup.
- Top with blueberry/lemon curd mixture.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
I hope I am wrong and can enjoy this dessert without this winter guilt over my head.
Oh well, I will enjoy it anyway.